After seeing Broomfield win their last game 15-0, we all knew this was going to be a hard match, and it certainly was that. After waiting for all of the opposition to arrive, meaning a delayed kick off, we finally started (or did we?) A usual slow start andsome sloppy defending early on, meant we went 1-0 down inside 5 minutes. A very organised opposition gave us huge problems down the middle of the pitch and at times it seemed as if the opposition had more players than us. Perry Byrne was trying to break up the play,but couldn’t do it on his own. We created a few chances but just couldn’t find that killer ball to break Broomfield down. And losing last year’s top scorer, Thomas Taylor through injury after just 10 minutes did not help matters either.

The half went on and Broomfield managed to break us down again and make it 2-0 just before half time. Tommy Saville yet again making a couple of very good saves to keep it to 2-0 at half time.

Words were said in the break and we still believed in ourselves and came out fighting in the 2nd half. A tactical move by the gaffer,putting Dulanie Richards up front paid off immediately after some great build up play all the way from the back, conducted by Dean Wilkinson, enabled Dulanie to slot in a ‘Walcott’ type finish in the corner. 2-1 to Broomfield. Back in it? 10 Minutes later Broomfield scored to cement their 2 goal lead again and to prove to us why they were top of the league. But did we lay down? The 3s don’t give up!

15 minutes left and we won a free kick on the half way line…Dean Wilkinson sent up the big boys and Perry Byrne bullied the goalie, who spilt the cross, onto Perry’s back for a simple volley for Glen Porter(off the shin) and in the back of the net. 3-2 to Broomfieldand should we dare to get that equalizer? The gaffer pushed Shaun McCullough into the midfield and left 3 at the back. Yet anothertactical change paid off. With just 1 minute left, the ball was lumped over the Broomfield defence and Shaun managed to nod the ball into his path and lobbed the ball over the keeper and into the back of the net. A massive goal in our season and the team celebrated together.

The goal proved to be the last attack of the match, and the score ended 3-3. What a game!

The determination in this match showed how good we can be and that we should be competing for this league title. Still a long way to go….Next time….3 points will be won. Well done lads

Team: Tommy Saville, Daniel Outed, Glen Porter, Toby Palm, Richard Prospere, Shaun McCullough, Perry Byrne, Kieron Tiddy, Dean Wilkinson, Thomas Taylor, Dulanie Richards. Subs: Dan Hall, Chris Outred

MOM:Shaun McCullough

Report by:Glen Porter

Posted in Match Reports 3s