Player Profile – Neal Davison
NAME: Neal Davison
POSITION: I literally played every position on the pitch for Merton FC however my preference is holding midfield
BIRTH DATE: 20th December 1979
BIRTH PLACE: London, Tooting
PREVIOUS CLUBS: Merton, Battersea Old Firm, Peter Jones, Post Office and Battersea Ironside
1. Tell us who you are outside of the club. What do you do, how would you describe yourself?
I am a health club General Manager currently working for Fitness First. Generally I am young at heart and pretty sarcastic.
2. How did you end up at Merton FC?
I was introduced to the club in 1997 by a friend Gavin Frost and played a 5 seasons before leaving to play with friends from school. I returned late 2014 to see out my career.
3. What was your best moment in your MFC career till now?
Without a doubt winning Club player of the year last season, winning the league with the 2s back in 1998/99 as a close second.
4. If you could play for a professional team, which would be it and why?
Chelsea. Been a supporter of Chelsea all my life.(before the money)
5. Do you have any pre-match rituals or superstitions?
I play the 1st half with shirt tucked in and 2nd half untucked.
6. Lastly, share us your goals/expectations for the season.
To avoid relegation with the 3s and help out any other teams where needed.
Player of the season (at Merton, or in professional football): I have been really impressed by Glenn Pitmann at Merton and of course Diego Costa at Chelsea.
Childhood Team: Chelsea
Favourite team in the UK: Chelsea
Favourite team outside the UK: don’t really have one but enjoy watching Barca and Madrid.
Childhood Hero: Dennis Wise
Favourite Food: Steak and Chips
Favourite Drink: Coke and Lager
Favourite Band: Don’t really have a band but enjoy drum and bass music