Player Profile – Sam Pritchard
NAME: Sam Pritchard
BIRTH DATE: 24/08/1990
BIRTH PLACE: Gloucester
PREVIOUS CLUBS: Abbeymead Rovers
- Tell us who you are outside of the club. What do you do, how would you describe yourself?
I work as a web developer for a FX company, and a part-time horse racing bookie. Would describe myself as a easy-going guy who likes to go away most weekends (sorry Clappers).
- How did you end up at Merton FC?
Saw a Facebook ad, and much preferred the training compared to the other teams I tried out. Dragged Adam Crawshaw down with me who cemented the decision.
- What do you like most about Merton FC?
Everyone is genuinely very friendly, and don’t take everything too seriously. If you can’t laugh about travelling 2 hours to North London and losing 1-0, you’re only going to cry!
- If you could play for a professional team, which would be it and why?
Liverpool, boyhood club. Or Forest Green Rovers – worlds only vegan club
- Do you have any pre-match rituals or superstitions?
- Lastly, share us your goals/expectations for the season.
Personally, aiming for playing on two consecutive weekends. As a team, think the 1s should be aiming for top 4 finish.
Favourite Player (at Merton, or in professional football): Merton – Adam Crawshaw, Professionally – Luis Suarez
Childhood Team: Liverpool
Favourite team in the UK: Liverpool
Favourite team outside the UK: Bogota
Childhood Hero: Hunter from Gladiators
Favourite Food: Risotto
Favourite Drink: Any IPA
Favourite Band: Kasabian