4s Manager Profile
NAME: EDWARD PLAISTOW
POSITION: LEFT BACK
BIRTH PLACE: CARSHALTON
1) Tell us who you are outside of the club. What do you do, how would you describe yourself? I’m a Quantity Surveyor who works for a leading UK and International Construction Services Consultancy. I class myself as a hard worker who is willing to put the time and effort into all that I do in order to succeed. That includes Merton!
2) How did you end up at Merton FC, and what is your favourite thing about the club? I used to play in the Price Georges Youth Football League in Morden for a team called Tooting Eagles (managed by Clive Roberts who some might know from his time at Merton). After competing at U16 level it was time to move on with a number of us, including my brother Dan Plaistow, selected to represent the league against Merton. I’m not sure if it was the 1st XI we were competing against however we did manage the win! I liked what I saw and the camaraderie of the players and I haven’t looked back since.
3) Please tell us your personal career highlight with Merton FC? I would have to say leading 5th XI out in a SAL Cup final. Unfortunately we lost in extra time albeit against a strong Polytechnic side a number of leagues above us!
4) What was your funniest moment at Merton FC (on the pitch or off it)? I would have to say that the funniest moment for me would be picking up a caution when I ‘apparently’ caught the opposing player with my studs during an arial challenge. Play resumed but the players acting skills resulted in the ref to stopping the game to go and have a word. A minute later he walks over to me and shows me the yellow card. I asked what it was for and was shocked when his response was “He said you studded him”. A second yellow card followed soon after as I stood in front of the ball to stop a quick free-kick.
5) What are your goals and expectations for your team this season? Following back-to-back relegation’s, just staying up would be an achievement. I feel that with the quality of players available, this season should be the one where we push for the title.
Player to look out for in your side this season? Aaron Loftus
Predicted top scorer? Dom Plumridge
Person with worst chat/banter? John Gridley (But only when he talks about Chelsea!)
Who is most likely to get injured? Dan Gridley
Worst fashion sense? Undecided……cop out I know but its a hard question to answer.