Player Profile – Dave Scott
NAME: Dave Scott
POSITION: Centre Midfield
BIRTH DATE: 14/10/89
BIRTH PLACE: Croydon
PREVIOUS CLUBS: Chipstead, Coulsdon Athletic, Coulsdon FC
1. Tell us who you are outside of the club. What do you do, how would you describe yourself? Professionally I’m a Commercial Manager for an interior fit-out contractor in London. Most evenings I’ll either be trying to do something in the gym or playing 5 a side. If we don’t have a game on Saturday I’ll normally try to get a ticket at Selhurst Park or hack at a few balls on the golf range. I’m also really into my trance music.
2. What was most memorable moment in your MFC career till now? There’s been a few. Scoring 2 goals in a game earlier in the season and winning MOTD stands out. Also, avoiding DQ’s post-match spoon in my pint all season seems to be a growing achievement…….
3. What is your favourite quote? Arnold Schwarzenegger – “you can’t climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets”
4. Tell us something about yourself that most of us at the club probably aren’t aware of…I have a high IQ and I went to Wilson’s school (Old Wilsonians), but I choose to play for Merton!
5. Ask a friend for a reference and post their response of you – can be a family member, friend or teammate – “I wish you loved me as much as you love football” – Girlfriend
6. Lastly, share with us your goals/expectations for the season…Our Merton season is pretty much finished with not a lot apart from pride to really play for. I’ve had a few injuries this season so keeping fit in the next 6 months and hitting the ground running next year is a personal goal.
Player of the season (at Merton): Tough one. Connor Murphy and Paul Pearce haven’t done much wrong all season. Connor just nicks it as he normally picks me out on a long throw.
Favourite team in the UK: Crystal Palace
Favourite team outside the UK: I only follow one team.
Childhood hero: Attilio Lombardo / Arnold Schwarzenegger
Favourite word: Not sure I have one, sorry. Do people really have one of these??
Favourite band: Above and Beyond
Favourite food: Indian
Dream job: I’m writing this while in work, so I guess not working. I could happily play golf 5 times a week and not get bored.