Player Profile – Tom Rowe
NAME: Tom Rowe
BIRTH DATE: 24/09/91
BIRTH PLACE: Wimbledon
PREVIOUS CLUBS: Rosslyn Park Rugby Football Club 😉
- Tell us who you are outside of the club. What do you do, how would you describe yourself?
Refreshingly laid back for a man with such responsibility.
- What was most memorable moment in your MFC career till now?
Probably one of the several 30 yarders I’ve scored over the years. Surprisingly and much to my team mates annoyance, I’ve missed more from those efforts than I’ve scored.
- What is your favourite quote?
There goes Tom Rowe, I must remember to thank him..
- Tell us something about yourself that most of us at the club probably aren’t aware of…
I have done some acting – got type cast with all the Hugh Grant roles
- Ask a friend for a reference and post their response of you – can be a family member, friend or teammate (E.G: “He’s a lovely boy” – Mom)
Tom is probably the best employee I’ve ever had. In fact I will give him that bonus I promised him. ‘Line Manager’
- Lastly, share with us your goals/expectations for the season…
I think it would be great to make a cup final. I couldn’t make the last one, think we lost narrowly… the two aren’t linked but winning this time would be great, especially for all of the Dads.
Player of the season (at Merton): Siraj. He’s been angry for a lot of season, but I think he’s been a fantastic addition to the squad and his performances must have made up at least 5/6 points for us. We’ve had a lot of new comers this season which has been great and a bit overdue. I’m hoping they stay or at least remember us when they’re all famous
Favourite team in the UK: Man Utd
Favourite team outside the UK: anyone playing good football / beating Chelsea
Childhood hero: Eric Cantona
Favourite word: n/a (Gladkow 2017)
Favourite band: would like to see Oasis live
Favourite food: contrary to popular belief of late (and rightly so), Something healthy
Dream job: being Woody’s boss